Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Anurag reveals Vikram didn’t respond to his offer of starring in Kennedy

The film is chosen for a Midnight Screening at the Cannes Film Festival in 2023.

Anurag reveals Vikram didn’t respond to his offer of starring in Kennedy

Well-known Hindi filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who is presently busy attending the Cannes Film Festival 2023 where his next directorial venture Kennedy is set for the international premiere, has revealed that he first offered the film to popular Tamil actor Vikram. However, the Ponniyin Selvan actor did not respond to his offer.

Talking about the same with Film Companion, Kashyap said, “I actually had a specific actor in mind, when I wrote this film. Which is why the film is called Kennedy.”


He further added, “Because that actor's nickname is Kennedy. The film was called Kennedy Project. It is Chiyaan Vikram. Chiyaan Vikram's real name is Kennedy. I reached out to him. He never responded.”

Kashyap added he then approached Rahul Bhat to star in the film. “So then, I reached out to Rahul. I said, ‘Read it'. His reaction, his response was enthusiastic. And not like as an actor. And he was like, 'Who is doing this role?' I said, ‘Will you do it?' He said 'Me?' I said, 'Yes, but you will have to give it all'. And he was supposed to do some films. He gave eight months of his life to Kennedy.”

“Because Rahul is a thin guy. He bulked up for it. He grew a beard. I said ‘You have to be sleepless’. And he didn’t sleep at night until one and a half months later. After that, he pulled himself through it. After that, he grew a beard and looked unhygienic. And that’s when I said you are doing the role. His devotion, his sincerity, his total surrender to the role was incredible,” the filmmaker added.

Produced by Zee Studios and Good Bad Films, Kennedy also stars Sunny Leone and Abhilash Thapliyal in important roles. The film had been chosen for a Midnight Screening at the Cannes Film Festival in 2023.

Stay tuned to this space for more updates!

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

The 2024 Malayalam romantic comedy has been removed from JioHotstar

X/ CineStationINC

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

Highlights

  • Premalu has disappeared from JioHotstar just as the trailer for its Hindi remake Prem Keetanu was released.
  • Fans have questioned why the Malayalam hit was removed ahead of the remake’s October theatrical release.
  • The remake’s trailer has already faced criticism from viewers who compared it unfavourably with the original.

There is something particularly awkward about launching a remake while the film it is based on has suddenly become harder to watch.

That is exactly what has happened with Prem Keetanu, the Hindi remake of Malayalam blockbuster Premalu. The trailer for the Veer Pahariya-starrer dropped on Monday, but instead of simply debating whether the remake can live up to the original, fans found themselves asking another question: where did Premalu go?

Keep ReadingShow less