Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Aziz Ansari addresses sexual misconduct allegations

INDIAN AMERICAN actor Aziz Ansari on Monday (11) publicly addressed misconduct claims during a comedy set saying he believes the controversy made him a better person.

Last year, a 23-year-old woman known as Grace told Babe.net described her encounter with Ansari and said the comedian ignored non-verbal cues and kept taking advantage of her during a sexual encounter.
Responding to the claim, Ansari said he thought the encounter was consensual, but added that he “took her words to heart”.
 

“There were times I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way," Ansari said at a standup comedy show in New York.


“It’s a terrifying thing to talk about,” he added. “But you know, after a year, how I feel about it is, I hope it was a step forward. It made me think about a lot, and I hope I’ve become a better person.”
The comedian expressed hope that the accusations will cause others to think more about consent. He urged people to be more thoughtful and aware and make sure their partner is comfortable during a sexual encounter.
”It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned,” Ansari said when the allegations surfaced.
Grace told the publication that she went public about her encounter with Ansari after he wore a badge supporting the Time’s Up movement against sexual harassment when collecting an award at the Golden Globes.
“It was actually painful to watch him win and accept an award,” she told Babe. “And absolutely cringeworthy that he was wearing the Time’s Up pin.”
Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

IVF

Eleven of the 30 children have taken commercial DNA tests showing genetic ancestry from Turkey or surrounding countries.

Representational image/iStock

‘Absolutely scandalous’: 30 children feared caught up in IVF donor scandal

AT LEAST 30 children, most of them British, are feared to have been conceived through IVF in northern Cyprus using sperm or egg donors different from those selected by their parents.

The parents say they carefully chose anonymous donors based on medical history, appearance, personality, education and hobbies, but later became concerned that the requested donors had not been used, reported BBC.

Keep ReadingShow less