Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Deepika Padukone starrer Laxmi Agarwal biopic begins production early next year

Deepika Padukone, who was last seen in the Sanjay Leela Bhansali directorial Padmaavat (2018), will start shooting for her forthcoming film by early next year. To be helmed by renowned filmmaker Meghna Gulzar, the movie is based Laxmi Agarwal, an acid attack survivor who was attacked at the tender age of 15.

"We will start working on the film early next year. I think it's a story that needs to be told. It's a very important story and it's a true life incident, so hopefully good things will come out of it," Deepika Padukone said while interacting with the media at Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2018 on Thursday in Mumbai.


Apart from playing the female lead in the untitled project, Padukone will co-produce it also. There are some reports which suggest that her husband Ranveer Singh is also planning to start producing films with her.

Aside from the Laxmi Agarwal biopic, Deepika Padukone has also been confirmed for the fourth instalment of D.J. Caruso’s Hollywood biggie xXx: Return of Xander Cage. The film is expected to roll soon.

More For You

Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor

Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor urges Bollywood to move beyond its obsession with superstars and focus on strong storytelling

"Bollywood is stuck in the 1980s": Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor slams industry’s obsession with stars & big-budget flops

Bollywood has been grappling with an identity crisis, with many questioning whether the industry's golden era is over. A recent social media debate reignited the discussion, claiming that the industry is in decline due to the absence or sporadic appearances of major stars like Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, and Shah Rukh Khan. Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, actor and son of Anil Kapoor, responded with a sharp critique of Bollywood’s over-reliance on big-budget, star-driven films, arguing that it is time for a shift toward strong storytelling.

A user on X posted, "Bollywood is finished. Salman doesn’t want to act, Aamir has no films, Akshay has a dozen films but none that matter, SRK does a film every two years, and Ajay is playing it safe. Ranbir Kapoor seems like the only one carrying the industry forward."

Keep ReadingShow less
Val Kilmer

Hollywood mourns the loss of legendary actor Val Kilmer

Getty Images

Val Kilmer, Hollywood icon and 'Top Gun' star, dies at 65 after years of health struggles

Val Kilmer, the celebrated actor known for his roles in Top Gun, Batman Forever, and The Doors, has passed away at the age of 65. His daughter, Mercedes Kilmer, confirmed that he died of pneumonia on April 1 in Los Angeles. Though he had been diagnosed with throat cancer in 2014, he had since recovered, though the illness had a significant impact on his voice and career.

Kilmer was a versatile performer who made his mark in Hollywood with a mix of blockbuster hits and critically acclaimed roles. Born in Los Angeles in 1959, Kilmer’s passion for acting led him to the prestigious Juilliard School, where he became one of its youngest-ever students. His career began with comedic roles in Top Secret! (1984) and Real Genius (1985), but he soon transitioned to more intense characters, firming his reputation as a serious actor. His performances in Tombstone (1993) as Doc Holliday and Heat (1995) alongside Al Pacino and Robert De Niro further showcased his talent and range.

Keep ReadingShow less
Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins’ Poster Unveiled

Saif Ali Khan, Jaideep Ahlawat, and the ensemble cast shine in the poster of Jewel Thief: The Heist

Instagram/netflix_in

Saif Ali Khan’s latest Netflix film ‘Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins’ drops an intriguing new poster

Netflix released a new poster for Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins, and it’s already got fans talking. The image shows Saif Ali Khan with a sharp, focused gaze, his eye cleverly framed by the silhouette of a diamond, hinting at the high-stakes heist at the heart of the film.

Slated for release on April 25, the movie follows a skilled thief hired by a crime boss to steal the legendary African Red Sun diamond. But as expected, things don’t go as planned. The teaser, dropped earlier this year, showed us a tense partnership between Saif and Jaideep Ahlawat, with twists, betrayals, and plenty of action in store.

Keep ReadingShow less
Empuraan Storm: Success, Censorship Debate & Political Attacks

Prithviraj Sukumaran and Mohanlal at a press meet for L2: Empuraan

Instagram/empuraanmovie

L2: Empuraan - A film that shattered records and sparked a political storm

Few films manage to be both a record-breaking success and a lightning rod for controversy at the same time. But L2: Empuraan, the much-hyped sequel to Lucifer, has done exactly that. The Prithviraj Sukumaran directorial, starring Mohanlal, has not only rewritten and shattered box office history but also sparked a nationwide debate on censorship, political narratives, and artistic freedom.

On one hand, it’s the fastest Malayalam film to gross £5.1 million (₹50 crore) in Kerala, the first Malayalam film to cross £10.2 million (₹100 crore) overseas, and a £20.4 million (₹200 crore) club entrant within just five days. On the other hand, it has been accused of pushing a political agenda, leading to 2m 8s, 24 last-minute cuts, a legal battle, and a full-blown culture war.

Keep ReadingShow less