Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Ekta Kapoor and Bhushan Kumar join forces for Ek Villain sequel

Producers Ekta Kapoor and Bhushan Kumar have joined hands to bankroll a sequel to the 2014 musical hit Ek Villain. Starring Sidharth Malhotra, Shraddha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh in lead roles, Ek Villain was one of the most successful films of 2014 whose songs are still popular among the audience. The sequel will be headlined by Aditya Roy Kapur and John Abraham. Mohit Suri will return to call the shots.

Talking about the sequel, Mohit Suri had earlier informed a popular publication that both Aditya Roy Kapur and John Abraham will play negative characters. “It’s essentially villain versus villain. Both Adi and John are playing negative characters. We are going to push the bar further with Villain 2. I was an assistant on John’s first film, and we have been trying to work with each other for a while. This script proved to be a great platform for the two of us to come together and I am excited about it. We start rolling in June," he had said.

Ekta Kapoor confirmed collaborating with Bhushan Kumar for the Ek Villain sequel. "It is always exciting to work with like-minded individuals and people who share the same passion as you. As producers, we are always looking to enhance the experience and entertainment quotient for audiences and the collaboration with Bhushan & T-Series will help us create just that. This association is indeed a mark of a new beginning.”

Bhushan Kumar is also excited about the collaboration. “Ekta and I have previously worked together for the music of her films. I am glad that we are joining hands to produce meaningful cinema and bring to our audiences diverse content. It will be a powerful collaboration and I am hoping we bring to screen some path-breaking stories,” he said.

The project is set to begin production in mid-2020 and it will release on January 8, 2021.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

The 2024 Malayalam romantic comedy has been removed from JioHotstar

X/ CineStationINC

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

Highlights

  • Premalu has disappeared from JioHotstar just as the trailer for its Hindi remake Prem Keetanu was released.
  • Fans have questioned why the Malayalam hit was removed ahead of the remake’s October theatrical release.
  • The remake’s trailer has already faced criticism from viewers who compared it unfavourably with the original.

There is something particularly awkward about launching a remake while the film it is based on has suddenly become harder to watch.

That is exactly what has happened with Prem Keetanu, the Hindi remake of Malayalam blockbuster Premalu. The trailer for the Veer Pahariya-starrer dropped on Monday, but instead of simply debating whether the remake can live up to the original, fans found themselves asking another question: where did Premalu go?

Keep ReadingShow less