Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Hrithik Roshan’s War to be promoted aggressively after the success of Super 30?

Hrithik Roshan is undoubtedly one of the finest actors that Bollywood has ever produced. With the massive success of his latest release Super 30 (2019), he has proved his acting prowess once again. Based on the life of noted mathematician Anand Kumar, Super 30 hit screens on 12th July and has been performing well ever since. The movie has already crossed the coveted club of ₹ 100 crores within 10 days of its release and is now gearing up to cross the ₹ 150 crore milestone.

After the huge success of Super 30, Hrithik Roshan is back in the reckoning in the industry. He is now looking forward to the release of his next film War with Tiger Shroff and Vaani Kapoor. Helmed by Siddharth Anand, the actioner is hugely anticipated by the audience. According to reports, Yash Raj Films has decided to promote the film aggressively ahead of its worldwide release on 2nd October, 2019.


A source close to the project tells an Indian daily, “War is suddenly a lot bigger than it was before the release of Super 30. Hrithik is back in the reckoning in a big way. And Yash Raj (Films) wants to ensure that War is Hrithik’s second blockbuster of the year.”

“They are trying to work in bigger action sequences for Hrithik to play up his larger-than-life character. In Super 30, he is a real-life character. In War, he is a full-on filmy hero. And the fights and dances featuring Hrithik and Tiger Shroff are epic in proportion,” adds another source.

The teaser of the much-awaited film was dropped a couple of days ago, which received humongous response from the audience. Director Siddharth Anand says that the film will surprise everyone as it delivers everything that the teaser has promised.

“Reactions to the teaser have been phenomenal, to say the least. And now, the pressure is on to deliver what we have promised. It’s a good pressure to have. I am nervous about the expectations. It’s a huge responsibility now, but I am confident. The film will surprise everyone, it delivers everything that the teaser has promised,” he said.

War is set to release on 2nd October, 2019.

More For You

Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins’ Poster Unveiled

Saif Ali Khan, Jaideep Ahlawat, and the ensemble cast shine in the poster of Jewel Thief: The Heist

Instagram/netflix_in

Saif Ali Khan’s latest Netflix film ‘Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins’ drops an intriguing new poster

Netflix released a new poster for Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins, and it’s already got fans talking. The image shows Saif Ali Khan with a sharp, focused gaze, his eye cleverly framed by the silhouette of a diamond, hinting at the high-stakes heist at the heart of the film.

Slated for release on April 25, the movie follows a skilled thief hired by a crime boss to steal the legendary African Red Sun diamond. But as expected, things don’t go as planned. The teaser, dropped earlier this year, showed us a tense partnership between Saif and Jaideep Ahlawat, with twists, betrayals, and plenty of action in store.

Keep ReadingShow less
Empuraan Storm: Success, Censorship Debate & Political Attacks

Prithviraj Sukumaran and Mohanlal at a press meet for L2: Empuraan

Instagram/empuraanmovie

L2: Empuraan - A film that shattered records and sparked a political storm

Few films manage to be both a record-breaking success and a lightning rod for controversy at the same time. But L2: Empuraan, the much-hyped sequel to Lucifer, has done exactly that. The Prithviraj Sukumaran directorial, starring Mohanlal, has not only rewritten and shattered box office history but also sparked a nationwide debate on censorship, political narratives, and artistic freedom.

On one hand, it’s the fastest Malayalam film to gross £5.1 million (₹50 crore) in Kerala, the first Malayalam film to cross £10.2 million (₹100 crore) overseas, and a £20.4 million (₹200 crore) club entrant within just five days. On the other hand, it has been accused of pushing a political agenda, leading to 2m 8s, 24 last-minute cuts, a legal battle, and a full-blown culture war.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayley Atwell Reveals Tom Cruise’s Advice on Social Anxiety

Atwell explained that Cruise’s advice helped her focus on identifying the sources of her anxiety

Getty

Mission Impossible star Hayley Atwell reveals Tom Cruise's advice to overcome social anxiety

Hayley Atwell has opened up about the helpful advice Tom Cruise gave her on how to cope with social anxiety, a topic that resonates with many, including those working in the intense world of Hollywood. Atwell, known for her role as Peggy Carter in Marvel films and for starring alongside Cruise in Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning (2023), revealed how Cruise's wisdom has helped her deal with nervousness in large social gatherings, something she’s not immune to despite her prominent career.

As Atwell prepares to reprise her role in what is expected to be the last chapter of the Mission: Impossible series, The Final Reckoning, due for release in May, her reflections on social anxiety offer an insightful perspective on how even the most successful stars experience self-doubt. She recently discussed this on the Reign with Josh Smith podcast, explaining how she often battles the feelings that come with being in a room full of people.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sam Mendes Unveils Cast for Beatles Biopic Four-Film Event in 2028

The Beatles - A Four-Film Cinematic Event, directed by Sam Mendes

Instagram/Sonypictures

Paul Mescal, Barry Keoghan & more: Sam Mendes’ Beatles Biopics' cast revealed for the epic four-film event in 2028

Hollywood is about to take us on a journey like never before through the lives of ‘The Beatles,’ one member at a time! Director Sam Mendes, known for films like 1917 and Skyfall, has revealed the actors who’ll step into the shoes of John, Paul, George, and Ringo in four separate biopics, all hitting theatres in April 2028.

Harris Dickinson will play John Lennon, Paul Mescal takes on Paul McCartney, Barry Keoghan becomes Ringo Starr, and Joseph Quinn transforms into George Harrison. The announcement came at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where Mendes and the cast surprised the crowd. Instead of cramming the band’s epic story into one movie or stretching it into a series, Mendes chose a different approach: four interconnected films, each diving deep into a different Beatle’s life.

Keep ReadingShow less