Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

India Launches Website for International Air Show Aero India 2019

A website for India’s international biennial air show and aviation exhibition ‘Aero India’ was launched on Wednesday (10).

The newly designed website, https://aeroindia.gov.in will help with the registration of exhibitors and visitors, India’s defense ministry said in a release.


The 12th edition biennial air show, ‘Aero India 2019’ is scheduled to be held at India’s Southern city, Bengaluru from 20 to 24 February, 2019.  The five-day event will combine a major trade exhibition of the aerospace and defense industries with public air shows.

The portal will facilitate payment of registration fee online and thereafter book space, stalls of choice at the venue through the portal. Business visitors would also be able to purchase tickets on the portal by paying a required fee online.

The Aero India website has been integrated with multi-currency payment gateway where Indian companies would be able to pay in Indian rupees using credit, debit cards, net banking, UPI, NEFT, RTGS, and foreign companies would be able to pay in dollars using either credit card or debit cards.

The registration of media representatives will be opened shortly.

The website will be hosting the latest information about the various events like seminars, CEO’s roundtable, and others to be held during the Aero India 2019 show. The port will also host other important information to facilitate the exhibitors and visitors to plan their trip for the show.

This year, besides global leaders and big investors in the aerospace industry, the show will also see participation by think-tanks from across the world. Aero India will provide a unique opportunity for exchange of information, ideas and new developments in the aviation industry.

Besides giving a fillip to the domestic aviation industry it would further the cause of Make in India, the ministry said.

In the current edition of Aero India, close to 500 companies as both Indian and foreign firms are expected to participate.

More For You

‘All options on the table’ as Britain
prepares for likelihood of US tariffs

Sir Keir Starmer with Jonathan Reynolds

‘All options on the table’ as Britain prepares for likelihood of US tariffs

BRITAIN is likely to be hit by US tariffs despite making “rapid progress” over a trade deal with Washington, prime minister Sir Keir Starmer said on Tuesday (1).

He spoke as US trading partners around the world braced for an expected fresh raft of tariffs from president Donald Trump, in addition to levies already imposed on steel and those set to take effect this week on cars.

Keep ReadingShow less
single-use vapes-iStock

Analysis by Material Focus estimates that 8.2 million vapes are discarded or littered each week in the UK—equivalent to 13 every second. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Shops told to clear single-use vapes before ban starts on June 1

SHOPS across the UK have until 1 June 2025 to sell off remaining stocks of single-use vapes before a nationwide ban comes into force.

The legislation, confirmed last year, follows a government consultation that showed strong support for restricting their sale and supply.

Keep ReadingShow less
Primark-London-Getty

During his 15-year tenure, Marchant expanded Primark’s store network to more than 450 locations across 17 countries in Europe and the United States. (Photo: Reuters)

Primark chief Paul Marchant steps down after misconduct probe

PAUL MARCHANT, the head of fashion retailer Primark, has resigned with immediate effect after admitting to an "error of judgment" in his behaviour towards a woman in a social setting.

Associated British Foods (AB Foods), Primark's parent company, announced his resignation on Monday.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

JAGUAR’S ambition to seduce younger, richer drivers was on full display in Paris with a presentation of its newest prototype, the Type 00, which promises all-electric luxury... at a steep price.

The low-slung, muscular-looking concept car presented to European reporters last Friday (21) prefigures a production model expected mid-2026 at a base cost of €150,000 (£123,472.8).

Keep ReadingShow less
Starmer-Trump-Getty

Trump has suggested the possibility of a 'great' trade deal that could help the UK mitigate the impact of tariffs he has pledged to introduce. (Photo: Getty Images)

Starmer, Trump talk trade deal progress in 'productive' discussion

KEIR STARMER and Donald Trump spoke on Sunday about ongoing UK-US trade negotiations, with Downing Street describing the talks as "productive."

Since leaving the European Union, the UK has been working to secure a trade agreement with the United States. Successive British governments have pursued a deal, but it has remained elusive.

Keep ReadingShow less