Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

London family puts up £50k reward to hunt down killer of teenage son gunned down 5 years ago

The family of Amaan Shakoor, who was shot in the head outside Walthamstow leisure centre in April 2018, and the police believe people were not coming forward to cooperate with them.

London family puts up £50k reward to hunt down killer of teenage son gunned down 5 years ago

Desperately hoping to hunt down their teenage son's murderer, a family in London has put up a reward of £50,000. It was on April 2, 2018, when Amaan Shakoor was shot in the head outside Walthamstow leisure centre after two men approached him. The 16-year-old succumbed to his injuries in hospital the next day with the family by his side.

In almost five years since then, no one has been charged with the minor's killing although two men were arrested but released under investigation, MyLondon reported.


The police have sought the public's help to crack the case by urging them to "break the wall of silence".

Mohammed Shakoor, father of Amaan, told ITV News that they were still looking for answers and for people to come forward to produce evidence, big or small.

"Any evidence we would appreciate, people coming forward and speaking to the police and assisting them," he said.

According to the senior Shakoor, his life now revolves around finding justice for his dead son and he visits his son's grave every day while 'dealing with it'.

Speaking about people not disclosing information related to the crime, the bereaved father said if they could imagine what it is like to visit the cemetery daily for five years in search of answers and grieving, they would have a heart and conscience and come forward to speak to the police.

Detective chief inspector Kelly Allen said they knew that there are people who know what had happened and why and called the situation "frustrating".

“We know that there are people who must have information about what happened, and why. His family has been left with unanswered questions and it is frustrating that no one is prepared to provide them with the details they so desperately need to hear," he was quoted as saying.

More For You

Migration

The ONS said net migration was now at levels last seen in early 2021, during the Covid-19 pandemic and shortly after the UK's new immigration system was introduced.

iStock

Asians top UK emigration figures as net migration falls to 171,000

Highlights

  • UK net migration fell to 171,000 last year, nearly half the previous year’s figure
  • Indians and Pakistanis were among the largest groups leaving the UK
  • Non-EU work arrivals dropped by 47 per cent, according to the ONS
  • Indians remained the top nationality for Skilled Worker, Health and Care Worker

NET migration to the UK fell to 171,000 last year, nearly half the previous year's figure, according to data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on Thursday, with Asians led by Indians and Pakistanis among the largest groups leaving the country.

Keep ReadingShow less