Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Kim Kardashian rubbishes reports of returning Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress in damaged condition after Met Gala outing

The Kardashians star is under fire because it looks like she may have destroyed the piece of clothing.

Kim Kardashian rubbishes reports of returning Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress in damaged condition after Met Gala outing

Kim Kardashian's Marilyn Monroe moment at the MET Gala 2022 was the most talked about look of the night. Some praised the Business Mogul for the way she carried the 60-year-old heritage while some were clearly not happy and thought it was an insult to the legend. But now, The Kardashians star is under fire because it looks like she may have destroyed the piece of clothing.

According to Page Six, the 41-year-old lost 16 pounds in the weeks leading up to the event in order to fit into the historic gown, and she even changed into a duplicate once she arrived at the party's entry since she couldn't move freely in the original.


"I'm extremely respectful to the dress and what it means to American history," she said ahead of the party. "I would never want to sit in it or eat in it or have any risk of any damage to it and I won't be wearing the kind of body makeup I usually do."

However, it appears that simply posing for photos on the red carpet with Pete Davidson who later bleached his hair platinum blond to match his girlfriend's Marilyn-inspired tresses, she may have harmed the "world's most expensive outfit."

Pop Culture published side-by-side photographs of the gown from before and after Kardashian wore it at the Met on Monday. One of the snaps, especially around the dress's back clasp, shows traces of stretched fabric and missing crystals.

"Kim should've never worn that dress, to begin with. I mean yes it's nice to pay homage to Marilyn but she could've had a new dress made and replicated. This was a timeless and iconic artifact that's been ruined," one person tweeted in response.

"Leave it to Kim to destroy a historical piece of art," another said.

A third wrote, "Congratulations to the Met Gala for showcasing a real-life example of why a conservation department like the Costume Institute is necessary for historically significant garments."

However, a source close to Kim has denied the allegations, telling a publication that the images are 'not accurate' and the claims that the reality TV star had damaged the dress are 'completely false'.

While some Monroe experts were 'disappointed' to see Kardashian in Monroe's "extremely fragile" gown at the Met, Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Museum, which loaned the gown to the star and is now displaying it at its Hollywood location, previously told the Post that precautions were taken to avoid any possible damage.

Ripley's said in a post-gala statement, "This was no easy decision for Ripley's, however, Kim Kardashian has continued to show the utmost respect for this opportunity and historic garment. From extensive research to following guidelines such as no body makeup, only wearing the dress for the short red-carpet appearance, and making absolutely no alterations, she has become a steward and added to its history," as reported by Page Six.

While Ripley's museum issued a press release right after the dress was back at the museum stating "great care was taken to preserve this piece of pop culture history", pictures that have now surfaced on the internet seem to contradict it.

More For You

british-muslims-iStock

The study noted that this identification was not due to any doctrinal obligation but was influenced by the perception that many Muslims do not feel fully accepted as British. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Majority of British Muslims identify by faith first, study finds

A STUDY by the Institute for the Impact of Faith in Life (IIFL) has found that most British Muslims identify primarily with their religion rather than their nationality.

The research, based on a survey of 815 British Muslim adults by Whitestone Insight, revealed that 71 per cent of respondents identified as Muslim first, while 27 per cent identified as British, English, or Scottish first.

Keep ReadingShow less
Car Tax Changes: EV Owners Now Required to Pay for the First Time

Owners of electric vehicles registered on or after 1 April 2025 will pay £10 for the first year, followed by the standard VED rate of £195 from the second year. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Car tax changes take effect: EV owners to pay for first time

FROM today, 1 April 2025, electric cars, vans, and motorcycles in the UK will be subject to Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) for the first time.

The change, introduced in the 2022 Autumn Statement by former Conservative Chancellor Jeremy Hunt, aims to make motoring taxation fairer.

Keep ReadingShow less
scotland-minimum-wages-iStock

Full-time workers on the National Living Wage will receive an annual pay increase of £1,400 in real terms. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Wage increase takes effect for thousands of workers in Scotland

HUNDREDS of thousands of workers in Scotland will see a pay increase as new National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage rates take effect from Tuesday.

The changes will benefit approximately 220,000 people, according to STV News.

Keep ReadingShow less
uk-energy-bill-iStock

Water bills, energy prices, and council tax are rising, while the minimum wage has also increased (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

April bill increases put financial strain on single parents

A RANGE of essential household bills are increasing from April, with Citizens Advice warning that single parents will be among the hardest hit.

Water bills, energy prices, and council tax are rising, while the minimum wage has also increased, BBC reported.

Keep ReadingShow less
Netflix drama Adolescence to be screened in UK schools
Stephen Graham and Owen Cooper in 'Adolescence'
Netflix

Netflix drama Adolescence to be screened in UK schools

THE NETFLIX drama Adolescence will be shown in UK secondary schools as part of efforts to address harmful online influences on young boys, officials announced on Monday.

The show has sparked debate over the impact of toxic and misogynistic content on the internet. Prime minister Keir Starmer met the show's creators, charities, and young people at Downing Street, calling the initiative an important step in starting discussions about the content teenagers are exposed to online.

Keep ReadingShow less