Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

OYO reaches over 100 hotels in Britain within ten months of launch  

INDIAN business, OYO Hotels & Homes, today (7) said that it has increased its presence in the UK to over 100 hotels across 25 major cities and towns, including London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Blackpool, and Torquay.

The business founded by 25-year-old Indian entrepreneur Ritesh Agarwal, entered into the UK less than a year ago, has more than tripled its UK portfolio in the last three months.


Since launching in the UK in October 2018 with a commitment to invest £40 million in the region, OYO has rapidly built a team of over 275 experts as part of its business strategy.

OYO’s UK team is led by Jeremy Sanders, entrepreneur and co-founder of the restaurant chain, Coco di Mama.

Sanders, head of OYO UK, said: “Six months ago, OYO had a team of 25 and just five hotels in London. Today, we have a team of 275 dedicated OYOpreneurs. They are the people who are driving our success and helping independent hotels across the country to thrive.”

The UK was OYO’s first destination outside of Asia and in June 2019, the company announced its entry into the USA, with 50 hotels across 10 states.

Globally, the hospitality business has created over 300,000 direct and indirect job opportunities across India, China, the US, the UK and beyond.

The recent acquisition of @Leisure has also further helped the company strengthen its footprint in Europe.

Since being founded in India, OYO Hotels & Homes has expanded its presence to nearly 23,000 OYO-branded hotels representing over 850,000 rooms across more than 800 cities around the globe.

OYO helps small and midsized independent hotels improve their performance whilst also enhancing the customer experience.

Through its proprietary technology, revenue management capabilities and operational expertise, OYO seeks to improve financial returns for hotel owners whilst ensuring guests have a great experience during each and every stay.

It also invests with owners to transform the property itself, improving the infrastructure and the look and feel of the hotel.

More For You

single-use vapes-iStock

Analysis by Material Focus estimates that 8.2 million vapes are discarded or littered each week in the UK—equivalent to 13 every second. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Shops told to clear single-use vapes before ban starts on June 1

SHOPS across the UK have until 1 June 2025 to sell off remaining stocks of single-use vapes before a nationwide ban comes into force.

The legislation, confirmed last year, follows a government consultation that showed strong support for restricting their sale and supply.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump’s Promise: TikTok Deal Before April 5 to Avoid Ban

This is not the first time that TikTok has been under scrutiny in the United States

Getty

Trump promises TikTok deal before April 5 to prevent ban

As the clock ticks towards the April 5 deadline, the future of TikTok in the United States remains uncertain, with President Donald Trump promising that a deal to resolve the app's ongoing issues will be struck before the deadline. The central issue at hand is whether TikTok's parent company, ByteDance, will be forced to divest the popular social media platform or face a ban in the U.S.

In a statement made aboard Air Force One late on Sunday, Trump confirmed that there was "tremendous interest" from potential buyers looking to acquire TikTok. He expressed his desire for the platform to "remain alive" and emphasized that multiple buyers were keen on striking a deal, suggesting that a solution would be reached before the deadline.

Keep ReadingShow less
Primark-London-Getty

During his 15-year tenure, Marchant expanded Primark’s store network to more than 450 locations across 17 countries in Europe and the United States. (Photo: Reuters)

Primark chief Paul Marchant steps down after misconduct probe

PAUL MARCHANT, the head of fashion retailer Primark, has resigned with immediate effect after admitting to an "error of judgment" in his behaviour towards a woman in a social setting.

Associated British Foods (AB Foods), Primark's parent company, announced his resignation on Monday.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

JAGUAR’S ambition to seduce younger, richer drivers was on full display in Paris with a presentation of its newest prototype, the Type 00, which promises all-electric luxury... at a steep price.

The low-slung, muscular-looking concept car presented to European reporters last Friday (21) prefigures a production model expected mid-2026 at a base cost of €150,000 (£123,472.8).

Keep ReadingShow less
Starmer-Trump-Getty

Trump has suggested the possibility of a 'great' trade deal that could help the UK mitigate the impact of tariffs he has pledged to introduce. (Photo: Getty Images)

Starmer, Trump talk trade deal progress in 'productive' discussion

KEIR STARMER and Donald Trump spoke on Sunday about ongoing UK-US trade negotiations, with Downing Street describing the talks as "productive."

Since leaving the European Union, the UK has been working to secure a trade agreement with the United States. Successive British governments have pursued a deal, but it has remained elusive.

Keep ReadingShow less