Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

PEPSICO TO PURCHASE SODASTREAM FOR £2.51 billion

PepsiCo, Inc. and SodaStream International Ltd. have announced that they have entered into a deal under which PepsiCo has agreed to purchase all outstanding shares of SodaStream for 112.83 GBP per share in cash, according to a statement from PepsiCo on Monday (20).

Under the terms of the deal between PepsiCo and SodaStream, PepsiCo has signaled green to purchase all of the outstanding shares of SodaStream International Ltd. For112.83 GBP per share, in a transaction valued at 2.51 billion GBP. The deal will be funded with PepsiCo's cash on hand.


The deal has been unanimously sanctioned by the boards of directors of both companies. The deal is under certain regulations, such as a SodaStream shareholder vote, some regulatory approvals, and other conventional conditions. The closing is anticipated by January 2019, PepsiCo, Inc. said in a release.

"PepsiCo and SodaStream are an inspired match," said PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi in a statement released. "Daniel and his leadership team have built an extraordinary company that is offering consumers the ability to make great-tasting beverages while reducing the amount of waste generated. That focus is well-aligned with Performance with Purpose, our philosophy of making more nutritious products while limiting our environmental footprint. Together, we can advance our shared vision of a healthier, more sustainable planet," Indra Nooyi added.

Daniel Birnbaum, SodaStream CEO and Director said, "today marks an important milestone in the SodaStream journey. It is a validation of our mission to bring healthy, convenient and environmentally friendly beverage solutions to consumers around the world."

"SodaStream is highly complementary and incremental to our business, adding to our growing water portfolio, while catalyzing our ability to offer personalized in-home beverage solutions around the world," said Ramon Laguarta, CEO-Elect and President, PepsiCo. in a release.

SodaStream was in news for controversy in the Middle East after it shut down its factory in the West Bank in 2014 following protests and demonstrations. The protesters said, the factory was part of territory which is illegally occupied by Israel.

More For You

‘All options on the table’ as Britain
prepares for likelihood of US tariffs

Sir Keir Starmer with Jonathan Reynolds

‘All options on the table’ as Britain prepares for likelihood of US tariffs

BRITAIN is likely to be hit by US tariffs despite making “rapid progress” over a trade deal with Washington, prime minister Sir Keir Starmer said on Tuesday (1).

He spoke as US trading partners around the world braced for an expected fresh raft of tariffs from president Donald Trump, in addition to levies already imposed on steel and those set to take effect this week on cars.

Keep ReadingShow less
single-use vapes-iStock

Analysis by Material Focus estimates that 8.2 million vapes are discarded or littered each week in the UK—equivalent to 13 every second. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Shops told to clear single-use vapes before ban starts on June 1

SHOPS across the UK have until 1 June 2025 to sell off remaining stocks of single-use vapes before a nationwide ban comes into force.

The legislation, confirmed last year, follows a government consultation that showed strong support for restricting their sale and supply.

Keep ReadingShow less
Primark-London-Getty

During his 15-year tenure, Marchant expanded Primark’s store network to more than 450 locations across 17 countries in Europe and the United States. (Photo: Reuters)

Primark chief Paul Marchant steps down after misconduct probe

PAUL MARCHANT, the head of fashion retailer Primark, has resigned with immediate effect after admitting to an "error of judgment" in his behaviour towards a woman in a social setting.

Associated British Foods (AB Foods), Primark's parent company, announced his resignation on Monday.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

JAGUAR’S ambition to seduce younger, richer drivers was on full display in Paris with a presentation of its newest prototype, the Type 00, which promises all-electric luxury... at a steep price.

The low-slung, muscular-looking concept car presented to European reporters last Friday (21) prefigures a production model expected mid-2026 at a base cost of €150,000 (£123,472.8).

Keep ReadingShow less
Starmer-Trump-Getty

Trump has suggested the possibility of a 'great' trade deal that could help the UK mitigate the impact of tariffs he has pledged to introduce. (Photo: Getty Images)

Starmer, Trump talk trade deal progress in 'productive' discussion

KEIR STARMER and Donald Trump spoke on Sunday about ongoing UK-US trade negotiations, with Downing Street describing the talks as "productive."

Since leaving the European Union, the UK has been working to secure a trade agreement with the United States. Successive British governments have pursued a deal, but it has remained elusive.

Keep ReadingShow less