Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

‘Scoop’ Trailer: Netflix film recreates Prince Andrew’s infamous BBC interview

Directed by Philip Martin, the upcoming film is set to stream exclusively on Netflix from April 5, 2024.

‘Scoop’ Trailer: Netflix film recreates Prince Andrew’s infamous BBC interview

A week after dropping the first look pictures, Netflix has released the first trailer for Scoop, its film which recreates Prince Andrew’s notorious interview with Emily Maitlis on the BBC’s Newsnight in 2019.

The interview saw the Duke talk candidly about his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and the allegations brought against him by Epstein trafficking victim Virginia Giuffre.


The film stars Gillian Anderson as former BBC journalist Emily Maitlis opposite Rufus Sewell as the Duke.

Scoop is a behind-the-scenes look at how the interview was secured and the way it unfolded. It is based on the similarly titled memoir Scoops by Sam McAllister, the Newsnight producer who negotiated between the studio and Buckingham Palace to secure the interview. McAlister is played on screen by Billie Piper.

The film’s official synopsis reads: “Inspired by real events, SCOOP is the inside account of the tenacious journalism that landed an earthshattering interview - Prince Andrew's infamous BBC Newsnight appearance. From the tension of producer Sam McAlister’s high-stakes negotiations with Buckingham Palace, all the way to Emily Maitlis’ jaw-dropping, forensic showdown with the Prince, SCOOP takes us inside the story, with the women who would stop at nothing to get it. To get an interview this big, you have to be bold.”

Sharing the trailer on Twitter, Netflix wrote in the caption, “To get an interview this big, you have to be bold. Inspired by Prince Andrew's infamous Newsnight interview comes a new film starring Gillian Anderson, Keeley Hawes, Billie Piper, and Rufus Sewell. Scoop premieres April 5.”

Directed by Philip Martin and written by Peter Moffatt and Geoff Bussetil, the upcoming film is set to stream exclusively on Netflix from April 5, 2024.

Stay tuned to this space for more updates!

More For You

Arijit Singh reveals the painful process behind creating his signature voice

As Arijit celebrates his birthday on 25 April, an older interview has resurfaced

X/ meow28089

Arijit Singh reveals the painful process behind creating his signature voice

Highlights

  • Arijit Singh once said audiences initially rejected his voice
  • The singer revealed he pushed himself physically to reshape his vocal texture
  • Arijit rose to fame with Tum Hi Ho in 2013 and announced his retirement from playback singing earlier this year

Today, Arijit Singh is widely regarded as one of Bollywood’s most recognisable voices. But before songs such as Tum Hi Ho made him a household name, the singer says his voice was far from universally accepted.

As Arijit celebrates his birthday on 25 April, an older interview has resurfaced in which he spoke candidly about the pressure he faced early in his career and the extreme lengths he went to in order to transform his sound.

Keep ReadingShow less