Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Shushant Singh Rajput: Dumb people get affected by stardom

M S Dhoni: The Untold Story did wonders for Sushant Singh Rajput's career but at the same time his behaviour at public events came under scanner.

Sushant says he is not "dumb" to get affected by stardom but at the same time he is also not willing to let the opinion of other people influence his decisions.


"After M S Dhoni... people started saying I turned arrogant but people see things the way they want to. I am not bothered by what others feel about me... I know how I am and how I want to be," Sushant said.

"Dumb people get affected by stardom. I would like to believe that anybody who is slightly intelligent will understand that apart from the actor, there are so many other parameters deciding the success of a film and making an actor a star."

Recently a clip of Sushant losing his cool on a journalist, when she asked him about the Kulbhushan Jadhav issue, went viral. The actor refused to comment on the same and got involved in an argument with the media person.

Sushant, 31, says he is not a "people pleaser" and will only comment if he is aware about a particular topic.

"I take the responsibility of everything I do. If I am asked some question I will say what I feel, not what somebody else wants to listen. I am not a people pleaser. I will not endorse a popular opinion just for the sake of getting an acknowledgement. I will be extremely confident in putting forward my version of things."

Sushant says he became rich and famous during his television days and he would have continued to do that if money was his endgame.

"We define success on money and fame. They are taken way too seriously. Initially, money and fame were important to me as well. It was a big high when it started happening, but I got used to it during my TV days. Thankfully, I was doing something which I really liked (acting), otherwise I don't know what I would have done with my career."

The actor eventually left his TV show Pavitra Rishta and made an impressive Bollywood debut with Kai Po Che!.

"I dropped out of my college and started doing theatre and TV happened on its own. I got used to TV and that is why I quit. I didn't quit TV for films. I just wanted another project irrespective of the medium and Kai Po Che! happened."

Sushant, who has worked in films such as Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, Shuddh Desi Romance, M S Dhoni... and will next be seen in reincarnation drama Raabta, says he wants to experiment as much as possible and does not fear failure.

"I want to fail and fail for the right reasons. I really want us to be exposed to all the wonderful cinema. It is not that we don't know right now. It is because we are very fearful. I am just trying to break through that shackle and till now I have survived."

The actor says he will also not shy away from returning to TV or theatre if things do not work for him in movies.

"I know that box office numbers matter and if my films fail, which is a high possibility as I keep doing things that I don't know, I will go back to TV or theatre.

More For You

Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins’ Poster Unveiled

Saif Ali Khan, Jaideep Ahlawat, and the ensemble cast shine in the poster of Jewel Thief: The Heist

Instagram/netflix_in

Saif Ali Khan’s latest Netflix film ‘Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins’ drops an intriguing new poster

Netflix released a new poster for Jewel Thief: The Heist Begins, and it’s already got fans talking. The image shows Saif Ali Khan with a sharp, focused gaze, his eye cleverly framed by the silhouette of a diamond, hinting at the high-stakes heist at the heart of the film.

Slated for release on April 25, the movie follows a skilled thief hired by a crime boss to steal the legendary African Red Sun diamond. But as expected, things don’t go as planned. The teaser, dropped earlier this year, showed us a tense partnership between Saif and Jaideep Ahlawat, with twists, betrayals, and plenty of action in store.

Keep ReadingShow less
Empuraan Storm: Success, Censorship Debate & Political Attacks

Prithviraj Sukumaran and Mohanlal at a press meet for L2: Empuraan

Instagram/empuraanmovie

L2: Empuraan - A film that shattered records and sparked a political storm

Few films manage to be both a record-breaking success and a lightning rod for controversy at the same time. But L2: Empuraan, the much-hyped sequel to Lucifer, has done exactly that. The Prithviraj Sukumaran directorial, starring Mohanlal, has not only rewritten and shattered box office history but also sparked a nationwide debate on censorship, political narratives, and artistic freedom.

On one hand, it’s the fastest Malayalam film to gross £5.1 million (₹50 crore) in Kerala, the first Malayalam film to cross £10.2 million (₹100 crore) overseas, and a £20.4 million (₹200 crore) club entrant within just five days. On the other hand, it has been accused of pushing a political agenda, leading to 2m 8s, 24 last-minute cuts, a legal battle, and a full-blown culture war.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayley Atwell Reveals Tom Cruise’s Advice on Social Anxiety

Atwell explained that Cruise’s advice helped her focus on identifying the sources of her anxiety

Getty

Mission Impossible star Hayley Atwell reveals Tom Cruise's advice to overcome social anxiety

Hayley Atwell has opened up about the helpful advice Tom Cruise gave her on how to cope with social anxiety, a topic that resonates with many, including those working in the intense world of Hollywood. Atwell, known for her role as Peggy Carter in Marvel films and for starring alongside Cruise in Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning (2023), revealed how Cruise's wisdom has helped her deal with nervousness in large social gatherings, something she’s not immune to despite her prominent career.

As Atwell prepares to reprise her role in what is expected to be the last chapter of the Mission: Impossible series, The Final Reckoning, due for release in May, her reflections on social anxiety offer an insightful perspective on how even the most successful stars experience self-doubt. She recently discussed this on the Reign with Josh Smith podcast, explaining how she often battles the feelings that come with being in a room full of people.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sam Mendes Unveils Cast for Beatles Biopic Four-Film Event in 2028

The Beatles - A Four-Film Cinematic Event, directed by Sam Mendes

Instagram/Sonypictures

Paul Mescal, Barry Keoghan & more: Sam Mendes’ Beatles Biopics' cast revealed for the epic four-film event in 2028

Hollywood is about to take us on a journey like never before through the lives of ‘The Beatles,’ one member at a time! Director Sam Mendes, known for films like 1917 and Skyfall, has revealed the actors who’ll step into the shoes of John, Paul, George, and Ringo in four separate biopics, all hitting theatres in April 2028.

Harris Dickinson will play John Lennon, Paul Mescal takes on Paul McCartney, Barry Keoghan becomes Ringo Starr, and Joseph Quinn transforms into George Harrison. The announcement came at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where Mendes and the cast surprised the crowd. Instead of cramming the band’s epic story into one movie or stretching it into a series, Mendes chose a different approach: four interconnected films, each diving deep into a different Beatle’s life.

Keep ReadingShow less