Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Siddhant Chaturvedi confirms collaborating with Katrina Kaif

Horror comedies are doing wonders at the box-office. Buoyed up by the great success that such films have received in the recent past, almost every big production house has either announced a horror comedy or is planning to launch one soon.

Actor Siddhant Chaturvedi, who shot to overnight fame after the huge success of Gully Boy (2019), has just confirmed that he is also doing a horror comedy. The actor is collaborating with none other than Katrina Kaif on the project. The duo is working together for the first time. The project is expected to hit the shooting floor next year.


Siddhant in his recent conversation spilt some beans on his forthcoming projects, one of them being a horror comedy with Katrina Kaif. "There is a horror-comedy with Katrina Kaif that will happen by the end of the year,” said the actor. Produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, the project will reportedly be helmed by Gurmeet Singh.

Talking about upcoming horror comedies that Bollywood is currently producing, Janhvi Kapoor and Rajkummar Rao’s Roohi-Afza is scheduled to hit screens on 17th April, 2020. After the stupendous success of Stree in 2018, producer Dinesh Vijan is planning Stree 2, which may roll next year. Saif Ali Khan, Fatima Sana Shaikh and Ali Fazal’s Bhoot Police is also scheduled to release in 2020.

Meanwhile, newcomer Siddhant Chaturvedi has already started shooting for his next Bunty Aur Babli 2. Also starring debutante Sharvari, Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji in lead roles, the film is being directed by debutant filmmaker Varun Sharma under the banner of Yash Raj Films.

Sid will next start working on Dharma Productions’ untitled film with Deepika Padukone and Ananya Panday. His untitled comedy with Katina Kaif will be his third outing with Excel Entertainment since he has already done Gully Boy and web-series Inside Edge with the banner.

More For You

'Dear England' brings Gareth Southgate’s story to life on stage

Gwilym Lee (as Gareth Southgate) and members of the ensemble cast in Dear England at the National Theatre

'Dear England' brings Gareth Southgate’s story to life on stage

THERE was an element of art imitating life – or, more accurately, life imitating art – in the affairs of Gareth Southgate last week.

While the actor Gwilym Lee was at the National Theatre playing Gareth Southgate in a revival of James Graham’s play Dear England, the former England football manager was on the BBC delivering the Richard Dimbleby lecture.

Keep ReadingShow less
Tragic losses: Bollywood icons who died young
Sushant Singh Rajput

Tragic losses: Bollywood icons who died young

THE death anniversaries of late stars Meena Kumari (March 31) and Divya Bharti (April 5) fall in the next couple of weeks.

What both leading ladies had in common was that they died young – Meena Kumari in 1972 and Divya Bharti in 1993 – leaving the Hindi cinema industry in deep shock. There have also been other Bollywood stars who unexpectedly died young across the decades.

Keep ReadingShow less
Michael Theo

The Love on the Spectrum star makes his acting debut in BBC One’s new comedy

Getty Images

BBC star Michael Theo opens up about workplace bullying before ‘Austin’ debut

Michael Theo, star of BBC One’s new comedy Austin, has opened up about the difficult experiences he faced before breaking into acting. The Australian actor, who first gained recognition on Love on the Spectrum, described one of his previous jobs as the most stressful period of his life due to relentless bullying.

Theo recalled working at a kitchen manufacturing company, where he spent long hours sanding doors and handling hazardous chemicals. Instead of support from his colleagues, he was met with cruel insults. “I was called names every day. One person even told me I was a waste of oxygen,” he revealed. The experience took a toll on his mental well-being, but he never gave up on his dream.

Keep ReadingShow less
Salman Khan

Salman Khan’s £32,000 Ram Temple edition watch sparks controversy as a Muslim cleric calls it ‘haram and illegal’

Getty Images

Salman Khan slammed by Muslim cleric for wearing £32,000 Ayodhya Ram temple watch, calls it 'haram'

Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has found himself at the centre of a religious controversy after wearing a limited edition watch featuring the Ram Janmabhoomi temple design. The accessory, which was noticed during the promotions of his upcoming film Sikandar, has drawn criticism from Maulana Shahabuddin Razvi, president of the All India Muslim Jamaat.

Maulana Razvi has expressed strong disapproval, stating that as a Muslim, Salman Khan should avoid symbols associated with other religions. He referred to the act as “haram” (forbidden) under Islamic law and urged the actor to be mindful of his influence, especially given his large Muslim fan following.

Keep ReadingShow less
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar

Varalaxmi Sarathkumar breaks down on Dance Jodi Dance Reloaded 3 as she reveals being abused by six people as a child

Instagram/Varalaxmi Sarathkumar

Varalaxmi Sarathkumar reveals she was abused by six people as a child

In a deeply emotional moment on the sets of Zee Tamil’s dance reality show Dance Jodi Dance Reloaded 3, actor Varalaxmi Sarathkumar broke down while recounting her traumatic experience of being sexually abused as a child. The revelation came after contestant Kemy shared her own story of surviving harassment by family members. Moved by Kemy’s words, Varalaxmi revealed that she, too, had suffered similar abuse, with five to six people assaulting her when she was young.

The actor, known for her work in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada films, explained that her parents, veteran actor Sarathkumar and Chaya were working at the time, leaving her in the care of others. “Your story is my story,” she told Kemy, hugging her in solidarity. “I don’t have children, but I always tell parents to teach kids about ‘good touch’ and ‘bad touch.’ It’s so important.”

Keep ReadingShow less