Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

T20I: Jaiswal, Kishan help India thrash Australia

Spinner Ravi Bishnoi and fast bowler Prasidh Krishna take three wickets each as the hosts keep Australia down to 191-9

T20I: Jaiswal, Kishan help India thrash Australia

OPENER Yashasvi Jaiswal and Ishan Kishan led India's batting charge to set up a convincing 44-run win over Australia in the second Twenty20 international on Sunday (26).

Jaiswal smashed a 25-ball 53 and fellow left-hander Kishan hit 52 off 32 deliveries to help India to 235-4 after being invited to bat first in Thiruvananthapuram.

Spinner Ravi Bishnoi and fast bowler Prasidh Krishna took three wickets each as the hosts kept Australia down to 191-9 and extend their lead to 2-0 in the five-match series.

Batsmen ruled as Jaiswal lay the foundations for India's mammoth total with key contributions from fellow opener Ruturaj Gaikwad, who made 58, and Rinku Singh's unbeaten nine-ball 31.

"The boys are not putting too much pressure on me. They are taking onus," India skipper Suryakumar Yadav, who won his second successive match as national captain, said.

"I told them (players) before, be prepared to bat first. There was a lot of dew. We talked to defend it later."

Jaiswal was named man of the match and said, "It was really special for me. I was trying to play all my shots. Was trying to be fearless. I was sure of my decisions."

Jaiswal, who smashed nine fours and two sixes, raced to his fifty in 24 balls but soon fell to fast bowler Nathan Ellis, who got three wickets.

Kishan, a wicketkeeper-batsman, raised his fifty with a six off leg-spinner Tanveer Sangha before he got out to Marcus Stoinis.

But the left-handed Rinku finished off the innings with a flurry of boundaries and sixes.

In reply, Australia fell to 58-4 including Steve Smith (19), previous-match centurion Josh Inglis (two) and Glenn Maxwell (12) back in the dug-out.

Tim David, who smashed 37, and Stoinis, who hit 45 off 25 balls, attempted to hit back in their partnership of 81 as the two hit six fours and six sixes between them.

Bishnoi broke the stand with his leg-spin to dismiss David who mistimed a hit to long-on.

Stoinis was the next to go as the wheels came off the chase and Krishna got two more to nearly end the batting team's hopes.

Skipper Matthew Wade struck an unbeaten 42 off 23 balls to reduce the margin of loss for Australia, who last week lost the opener four days after being crowned champions of the ODI World Cup.

"We're making the right decisions but aren't executing in the right moments," Australia coach Andre Borovec said.

The third T20 is on Tuesday (28) in Guwahati.

(AFP)

More For You

RR vs CSK

Both teams coming off contrasting starts to their campaigns

Getty

IPL 2025 - RR vs CSK: Rajasthan takes on Chennai in high-stakes battle


The electrifying action of IPL 2025 continues as Rajasthan Royals (RR) lock horns with Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in match number 11 at the Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati on Sunday, March 30. With both teams coming off contrasting starts to their campaigns, this clash promises to be a thrilling battle of experience, skill, and determination.

Keep ReadingShow less
Reconnecting with lost Eid traditions

Bring the past into the present for a richer celebration

Reconnecting with lost Eid traditions

EID is a joyous time filled with unity, reflection, and celebration.

While the essence of the celebration has remained unchanged across centuries, the way this special day is celebrated has evolved, with many older traditions being replaced by modern practices and technological advancements.

Keep ReadingShow less
Andrew Tate Sued by Ex-Girlfriend Brianna Stern Over Sexual Assault Allegations

Tate’s attorney, Joseph McBride, has dismissed the lawsuit

Getty

Andrew Tate faces sexual assault lawsuit from ex-girlfriend Brianna Stern

Social media personality Andrew Tate is facing a new lawsuit from his ex-girlfriend, Brianna Stern, who has accused him of sexual assault, battery, and gender violence. The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles, details allegations of abuse and an incident that allegedly took place at The Beverly Hills Hotel on 11 March 2025.

Allegations in the lawsuit

According to the legal complaint, Stern claims that Tate initially appeared as a "dream come true" but later became emotionally and physically abusive. The lawsuit describes a violent encounter at the hotel, where she alleges Tate physically assaulted and threatened her.

Keep ReadingShow less
Voices of Faith 2025: A journey through spirituality and wisdom

Soumik Datta (R) and Gurdain Singh Rayatt

Voices of Faith 2025: A journey through spirituality and wisdom

Mahesh Liloriya

The inaugural edition of Voices of Faith commenced on Friday at the iconic Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London, marking the beginning of an extraordinary three-day festival exploring theological philosophies, interfaith dialogues, and the deeper essence of spirituality through conversations, music, and healing vibes.

Organised by Teamwork Arts, the creators of the Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) and JLF London, Voices of Faith is presented by the Kamini and Vindi Banga Family Trust, with the support of Tech Mahindra. Eastern Eye and Garavi Gujarat serve as the official media partners of this landmark event. This unique festival seeks to offer insights into navigating the complexities of modern life through the timeless wisdom enshrined in global religious traditions. It focuses on the universal ideals of compassion and interconnectedness that underpin the world’s faiths, fostering dialogue that transcends barriers and deepens mutual understanding.

Keep ReadingShow less
Indian and American investors delay Hundred deals: report

FILE PHOTO: The Oval Invincibles celebrate after The Hundred Final between Oval Invincibles and Southern Brave at Lord's Cricket Ground on August 18, 2024. (Photo: Getty Images)

Indian and American investors delay Hundred deals: report


THE England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has extended the deadline for finalising the £520 million sale of The Hundred franchises after pushback from several prospective owners, particularly the Indian and American investors behind the two London teams.

The eight-week exclusivity window agreed in February has passed without contracts being signed, with negotiations now expected to continue until at least the end of April. While all parties remain committed to completing the deals, several key issues remain unresolved, the Telegraph reported.

Keep ReadingShow less