Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

‘The Great British Bake Off’: Brit-Asian Dana and Saku progress to the next round

The Great British Bake Off will be on Channel 4 every Tuesday night at 8 pm.

‘The Great British Bake Off’: Brit-Asian Dana and Saku progress to the next round

The Great British Bake Off, which follows the journey of twelve contestants as they compete in a streak of challenges to win the top spot, recently returned to television screens with season 14.

Among the twelve contestants competing to win the show are British Asian Dana Conway and Saku Chandrasekara who have made fans really curious ever since the show premiered last month.


This week’s episode saw the bakers tackle biscuits in a signature, technical, and showstopper challenge and Dana and Saku both managed to impress judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith with their baking skills.

Both the judges were very happy with Saku's creation with Prue describing her biscuits as 'very pretty'.

Paul said, ‘I think your flavours are really good. The jam comes through, the biscuit - you do get that pistachio flavour.'

Viewers praised Saku’s joyful nature and said they were supporting her to go all the way. One viewer took to X and declared they had a huge amount of love for the 50-year-old contestant already.

“Everyone on this year's Bake Off is wholesome and gorgeous but I want Saku to adopt me...” said another.

“Weekly biscuits? Yes please,” a third user said.

One person who described the baker as 'adorable' added: 'I am completely team Saku!'

Dana Conway, 25, has also been able to garner the attention of the public despite a rough start on the show. She has also progressed to the next round.

Meanwhile, chartered accountant Keith has become the second contestant to be eliminated from the show. Participation officer Tasha, 27, who is deaf, was declared Star Baker during Tuesday’s (3 October) episode.

The Great British Bake Off will be on Channel 4 every Tuesday night at 8 pm.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less