Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Two refiners in India to get full oil volumes from Saudi next month

TWO oil refiners in India will collect their full allocated volumes of the commodity from Saudi Arabia despite attacks on the Aramco facilities.

Indian state refiners will get full volumes from Saudi Arabia for the next month, Reuters has reported quoting sources.


Three other Asian refiners will also get their volumes as scheduled.

Saudi Aramco reportedly told two other refiners in North Asia that they will receive the load in September and October as scheduled.

A source quoted by Reuters added: “Saudi has confirmed (to us) that our refinery will fully get its requested loading in September and October. We have not been asked to switch or delay.”

Two major crude oil facilities in Saudi Arabia witnessed significant losses following the pre-dawn drone attacks on Saturday (14).

The attacks knocked out over 50 per cent of oil production from the top global oil exporter, a reduction of output by 5.7 million barrels per day.

Yemen's Houthi rebels, who have been locked in a war with a Saudi-UAE-led coalition for the past four years, claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Saudi Arabia is the world's largest oil exporter. The attack on state-owned producer’s oil processing facilities at Abqaiq and Khurais has raised concerns on its ability to maintain oil exports with its full capacity.

Saudi Aramco is yet to provide a specific timeline for the restart of full output. A return to normal production may take a few months, media reports said.

Meanwhile, oil prices closed nearly 15 per cent higher on Monday (16), with Brent oil recording its highest jump in over three decades with record trading volumes.

Recording its highest one-day percentage gain since 1988, Brent crude oil futures settled at $69.02 per barrel, a rise of 14.6 per cent.

US West Texas Intermediate futures settled at $62.90 per barrel, after climbing $8.05, the highest one-day percentage gain after 2008.

More For You

single-use vapes-iStock

Analysis by Material Focus estimates that 8.2 million vapes are discarded or littered each week in the UK—equivalent to 13 every second. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Shops told to clear single-use vapes before ban starts on June 1

SHOPS across the UK have until 1 June 2025 to sell off remaining stocks of single-use vapes before a nationwide ban comes into force.

The legislation, confirmed last year, follows a government consultation that showed strong support for restricting their sale and supply.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump’s Promise: TikTok Deal Before April 5 to Avoid Ban

This is not the first time that TikTok has been under scrutiny in the United States

Getty

Trump promises TikTok deal before April 5 to prevent ban

As the clock ticks towards the April 5 deadline, the future of TikTok in the United States remains uncertain, with President Donald Trump promising that a deal to resolve the app's ongoing issues will be struck before the deadline. The central issue at hand is whether TikTok's parent company, ByteDance, will be forced to divest the popular social media platform or face a ban in the U.S.

In a statement made aboard Air Force One late on Sunday, Trump confirmed that there was "tremendous interest" from potential buyers looking to acquire TikTok. He expressed his desire for the platform to "remain alive" and emphasized that multiple buyers were keen on striking a deal, suggesting that a solution would be reached before the deadline.

Keep ReadingShow less
Primark-London-Getty

During his 15-year tenure, Marchant expanded Primark’s store network to more than 450 locations across 17 countries in Europe and the United States. (Photo: Reuters)

Primark chief Paul Marchant steps down after misconduct probe

PAUL MARCHANT, the head of fashion retailer Primark, has resigned with immediate effect after admitting to an "error of judgment" in his behaviour towards a woman in a social setting.

Associated British Foods (AB Foods), Primark's parent company, announced his resignation on Monday.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

JAGUAR’S ambition to seduce younger, richer drivers was on full display in Paris with a presentation of its newest prototype, the Type 00, which promises all-electric luxury... at a steep price.

The low-slung, muscular-looking concept car presented to European reporters last Friday (21) prefigures a production model expected mid-2026 at a base cost of €150,000 (£123,472.8).

Keep ReadingShow less
Starmer-Trump-Getty

Trump has suggested the possibility of a 'great' trade deal that could help the UK mitigate the impact of tariffs he has pledged to introduce. (Photo: Getty Images)

Starmer, Trump talk trade deal progress in 'productive' discussion

KEIR STARMER and Donald Trump spoke on Sunday about ongoing UK-US trade negotiations, with Downing Street describing the talks as "productive."

Since leaving the European Union, the UK has been working to secure a trade agreement with the United States. Successive British governments have pursued a deal, but it has remained elusive.

Keep ReadingShow less