Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

‘We have been painted as monsters:’ Emotional Shah Rukh Khan told NCB official after son Aryan Khan’s arrest

Aryan was arrested by the NCB in connection with an alleged drug bust on board a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai in October last year.

‘We have been painted as monsters:’ Emotional Shah Rukh Khan told NCB official after son Aryan Khan’s arrest

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who was most recently spotted at his Jawan co-star Nayanthara’s wedding in Mahabalipuram, has remained tight-lipped about his son Aryan Khan’s drugs case controversy that got coverage in all the leading publications in the world.

However, weeks after the 24-year-old star kid was given a clean chit in the Cordelia drugs-on-cruise case, Sanjay Singh, Narcotics Control Bureau’s deputy director-general (operations), who headed the SIT probe, has recalled his conversation with Aryan and Shah Rukh Khan.


As per a report by an Indian publication, Singh said Aryan asked him a few soul-searching queries.

He said, “Sir, you have painted me as an international drug trafficker, that I finance drug trafficking — aren’t these charges absurd? They did not find any drugs on my person that day and yet they arrested me. Sir, you have done me great wrong and ruined my reputation. Why did I have to spend so many weeks in jail — did I really deserve it?”

The report also further states that Singh claimed he spoke to Shah Rukh as well. “We have been painted as some kind of big criminals or monsters who are out to destroy society and we find going to work tough every day,” Singh quoted Shah Rukh as saying.

Aryan was arrested by the NCB in connection with an alleged drug bust on board a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai in October last year.

He spent several weeks in jail before being granted bail. In May 2022, he was given a clean chit by the NCB, which cited a "lack of sufficient evidence".

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

The 2024 Malayalam romantic comedy has been removed from JioHotstar

X/ CineStationINC

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

Highlights

  • Premalu has disappeared from JioHotstar just as the trailer for its Hindi remake Prem Keetanu was released.
  • Fans have questioned why the Malayalam hit was removed ahead of the remake’s October theatrical release.
  • The remake’s trailer has already faced criticism from viewers who compared it unfavourably with the original.

There is something particularly awkward about launching a remake while the film it is based on has suddenly become harder to watch.

That is exactly what has happened with Prem Keetanu, the Hindi remake of Malayalam blockbuster Premalu. The trailer for the Veer Pahariya-starrer dropped on Monday, but instead of simply debating whether the remake can live up to the original, fans found themselves asking another question: where did Premalu go?

Keep ReadingShow less