Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Work on the third instalment of Don franchise begins

While Megastar Salman Khan is part of two film franchises and Aamir Khan none, superstar Shah Rukh Khan is associated with only one film franchise, Don. The series has seen two instalments so far and both were equally loved by the audience. Talks about a third part of the franchise are not new. Fans have been waiting for an official announcement for a long time. However, if latest reports are to be believed, Don 3 might go on floors sometime next year as the work on the same has already begun.

Ritesh Sidhwani, the producer of the franchise, says, “It will happen sooner than you know, as we have started working on the script and the story. I think we need to crack the story as the responsibility is more. With the next film in 'Don' franchise we won't take that much time, we'll make it fast.”


The first two films saw Priyanka Chopra as the leading lady, but since the actress is quite busy with her prior commitments in Hollywood, she might not be a part of the next instalment. Recently, reports were doing the rounds that Deepika Padukone might replace PC in the film to be Shah Rukh Khan’s leading lady.

Speaking about the same, Sidhwani said, “We have not decided what we are going to do with it. Right now the film is in the idea stage, it needs to come out in the form of story and screenplay. So it is too early to say anything.”

The first part of the series, Don, came in 2006 and was a runaway success at the box office. Its sequel, Don 2, released in 2011 and emerged as one of the highest grossing Bollywood films of the year. Hope Don 3 replicates the success of its predecessors.

Don franchise is an Excel Entertainment offering.

More For You

Val Kilmer

From Iceman to Jim Morrison, Val Kilmer's transformative performances cemented his place as one of Hollywood’s finest actors

Instagram/Getty Images

Hollywood legend: 5 most iconic roles of Val Kilmer

Val Kilmer wasn’t just an actor for all of us, right? He was like a force of nature. A man who didn’t just play characters but became them, leaving pieces of his soul on the screen every single time. With his passing in 2025, we lost one of the greats, but his performances? They’re immortal.

Here’s a tribute to the roles that made us laugh, cry, and sit in stunned silence, the ones that proved, again and again, that Kilmer was pure magic.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jennifer Lawrence & Cooke Maroney Welcome Their Second Child

Jennifer Lawrence spotted with husband Cooke Maroney

SplashNews.com/Christopher Peterson /

Jennifer Lawrence welcomes second child with Cooke Maroney

Jennifer Lawrence and her husband, Cooke Maroney, have welcomed their second child, expanding their family of three to four. The couple, who are already parents to their three-year-old son Cy, were seen taking a stroll in New York City just days after the baby’s arrival.

Although the couple has not publicly shared details about their new-born, insider sources have confirmed the news. The Hunger Games actress and Maroney have been married since October 2019, tying the knot in a private ceremony at the historic Belcourt of Newport mansion in Rhode Island.

Keep ReadingShow less
Adolescence

Netflix’s Adolescence quickly climbs the all-time charts, surpassing major hits like Stranger Things 3

Netflix

‘Adolescence’ surpasses ‘Stranger Things 3’ on Netflix in 17 days with 96.7 million views

Netflix’s latest limited series, Adolescence, has taken the platform by storm, racking up 96.7 million views in just 17 days. This unexpected success has pushed Stranger Things 3 down to the tenth spot on Netflix’s all-time most popular English-language TV series list, while Bridgerton Season 2 has dropped off completely.

Released on March 13, Adolescence follows the gripping story of 13-year-old Jamie Miller, played by Owen Cooper, who finds himself charged with the murder of a classmate. The series, directed by Philip Barantini and starring Stephen Graham, has connected with viewers worldwide, making its way into the Top 10 charts in all 93 countries where Netflix rankings are available.

Keep ReadingShow less
David Fincher Directs ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Sequel

This sequel is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated film projects in recent years

Getty

'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' sequel on Netflix: David Fincher helms film written by Quentin Tarantino starring Brad Pitt

David Fincher is set to direct a sequel to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, with Quentin Tarantino penning the script for the follow-up to his Academy Award-winning film. The project, confirmed by Variety, does not yet have an official title but is being developed at Netflix, where Fincher holds a first-look deal. Brad Pitt will reprise his role as Cliff Booth, the stuntman with a dark past.

The film marks a particularly unique collaboration, not only due to one renowned filmmaker directing a sequel to another’s work but also because of its transition from theatrical release to a streaming platform. The original Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was released in 2019 by Sony Pictures, but Tarantino had negotiated a deal that would grant him ownership of the film’s underlying rights after a set period. The fact that this sequel is being developed under Fincher’s Netflix agreement suggests that Tarantino may already hold the sequel rights privately.

Keep ReadingShow less
Laapata Ladies

Kiran Rao’s critically acclaimed film is now under fire after a viral video compared its plot to Burqa City

Instagram

'Laapata Ladies' makers accused of plagiarism as similarity with Arab film 'Burqa City' surface

Kiran Rao’s Laapataa Ladies, which received critical acclaim and was selected as India’s official entry for the 2025 Oscars, is now facing accusations of plagiarism. A viral video circulating on social media has drawn comparisons between Rao’s film and Burqa City, a 2019 Arabic short film by French filmmaker Fabrice Bracq.

What’s the controversy?

Keep ReadingShow less